Monday 4 February 2013

Fortunate in friendship


Today (in the face of vehicular adversity!), I was fortunate enough to enjoy several hours in the company of a wonderful friend. We talked, we laughed, we ate, we shopped. It was simultaneously fun, relaxing and energising to share recent experiences and 'deep thoughts' with a beautiful and kindred spirit (Thanks, E! x). Last weekend also, His Lordship and I both commented on feeling thoroughly uplifted, having shared a lazy pub lunch with supremely lovely friends in Clapham, and we were then very lucky to be cooked for and entertained by new friends on Friday, when we delighted in putting the world to rights until the wee, small hours of the morning. Next weekend, I'm off on a bit of a road trip with another very dear friend, which I'm so looking forward to, and the thought of which will doubtless spur me on through the working week.

Sitting on the train en route home today, I felt inspired to write this little post, celebrating friendship and acknowledging its importance in our lives. Those we love, whose company we enjoy and whose opinions we value, play such a monumental role in defining who we are, assuring our well being, and creating those most precious of memories that will last a lifetime.

I apologise if this comes across as overly sentimental, cliché or disingenuous in any way, but I want to take this opportunity to thank all my cherished friends and family, past and present, for contributing to my life in so many ways, some of which you may not even be aware of. I am so grateful for your time, your support, your understanding and your love.

When, I wonder, was the last time you told your friends and family just how much you love and appreciate them..? In the spirit of the month, why not let them know how great they are?

pp x

No comments:

Post a Comment