Monday 30 December 2013

Marriage ~ 380 days later.

We recently celebrated our first anniversary. It has been an exhaustingly busy year, and one which has seemingly disappeared on us in the blink of an eye. Reaching our first marital milestone, as wonderful as that feels in the context of our relationship, has reminded me just how much I miss the wedding planning process, and I have been filling that little void of late with poring over our wedding albums!




Having never really shared many of our wedding details on the blog, I thought now seemed an appropriate time to do so. Later this week, you will find a post on event detailing, with more specific details of our own personal wedding day touches. For now though, rather than upload lots of images here, please use the following links to visit our amazing photographer's website, Ria Mishaal Photography, which features our engagement shoot, our wedding preview and a guest post from me (sharing a few of my most cherished images from our big day). I have also linked to Ria's brilliant stop motion video slideshows of her images, one of our engagement, and one from our wedding day.


It really was the best day of our lives to date. Having everyone you hold dear in one place at one time, to witness the two of you proclaiming your love for one another, and then having the most beautiful and indulgent party to celebrate is just phenomenal. We were dressed to the nines, had the most delicious food (courtesy of the incredible chef and staff at the Wentworth Club, where our reception was held) and supped champagne all day long in our own personal brand of Winter Wonderland - heavenly.

Image courtesy of our incredible florist, Jay Archer.

Image 'instagramed' by me, from original taken by one of our guests.

I am honoured and thrilled to be a bridesmaid for my three closest friends in 2014, and we also have a big family wedding to look forward to, so thankfully, next year, I shan't suffer from wedding deprivation! If you are currently planning your own special event, I wish you all the very best with it. Be sure to enjoy every moment of the process ~ if you are anything like me, you'll miss all the planning and preparation once the day has been and gone!


pp x

All images, unless otherwise credited, © 2013 Ria Mishaal Cooke Snaddon.

No comments:

Post a Comment