Saturday 28 December 2013

Sous Le Ciel De Paris

The week before Christmas, I took one of my best friends to Paris as her 30th birthday present. I love Paris, and we had such a lovely day together roaming the rues and ambling along the avenues. Since we've both been fortunate enough to have spent time in Paris on previous occasions, we didn't visit the tourist hotspots, though we did - as you will see - find a lovely carousel in the Christmas market near the Eiffel Tower, and enjoyed a sunset sail on a bateau mouche. I didn't take too many snaps on this visit, as this was a day for girly chats, over indulging and soaking up the magical atmosphere sous le ciel de Paris...

La Tour Eiffel



Le Louvre

Quilted biker jacket from Zara, similar here.

Plaid shirt from Fat Face, similar here.

Pont Alexandre III

Assemblée Nationale

Musée D'Orsay

Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris

Champagne, bien sûr. Santé!

Tribute to the late, great Nelson Mandela.

Le crépuscule (twilight).

My chosen memento of the day from the
gorgeous Parisian Annick Goutal boutique.

I just love the Juliette Gréco version of Sous Le Ciel De Paris (as featured in the film An Education, which I am also a huge fan of), so I thought I would share it with you here. Perhaps it will put you in the mood to book your own Parisian jaunt...



Bon voyage! pp x

No comments:

Post a Comment