Sunday 26 January 2014

10 lbs in 10 weeks.

More than anything, this blog post is a testimony; it is essentially my way of ensuring my own accountability for the calories I ingest and burn over the next ten weeks. I think it's worth stating at this point that am not a body fascist, I love food and I have no intention of either starving myself or spending every god-given hour at the gym. I am not technically overweight (yet!), but I have been feeling heavy and less comfortable in some of my clothes, and something has to change now before I move any further in the wrong direction.

Source


So, inspired by lolamarie7, whose vlogs I love (sadly, she hasn't uploaded any videos in a while, but she's on Instagram a fair bit), I am trying to instigate a lifestyle change rather than a diet, in order to get fit and healthy, to slim down and to look and feel better in my clothes. Having done something similar when I was at university, I am following Joanna Hall's principals of finding short-, medium- and long-term goals before I get started, as my best shot at longevity, and which I hope will keep me on the straight and narrow.

Short-term motivation: I do not want to feel like 'the fat one' (sorry, very un-pc) among a host of gorgeous, slender fellow bridesmaids this Summer!

Source

Medium-term goals: I am likely to need a new work wardrobe for September, and I want to have reached and sustained a healthy size, weight and shape before investing in any key pieces. I also want to resume my pole classes, from which I am currently taking a break. Having reached a decent level of ability, I felt I couldn't really get much further with it until I'd lost some of the 6 lbs I've gained since we got married just over a year ago. Sigh.

Long-term ideals: I would generally like to eat more cleanly (remembering that treats are treats!) and make exercise a more integral part of my life. Ultimately, I would like to exercise sufficiently so that I can enjoy my food and treats in moderation. Also, with family planning on the horizon in the next couple of years, I have been told that the shape you're in prior to pregnancy is a marker for your body to return to once the baby is born, so it pays to be as fit as you can be before you start.

Source

So, with all that in mind, my intention is to follow these three rules:

1. No carbs after 5pm.
2. Exercise for one hour at least three times a week.
3. Only three treats per week (biscuits/cake/dessert/sweets/alcohol etc.).

Hmmm, number three is going to be a killer...

Source

Once I've tried out a few things, I will aim to put together and share my healthy meal plan, and I will keep you updated on my progress. Any tips you have for me would be very welcome -I think I'm going to need all the help I can get!

Bonne nuit,

pp x

No comments:

Post a Comment