There is no doubt about it, sketch certainly has the kind of je ne sais quoi necessary to distinguish itself from pedestrian afternoon teas. The deliciously tactile pink and gold interior of The Gallery contrives a sense of having taken up residence inside a giant clam shell, for instance.
Thursday, 30 October 2014
|Original quote: Benjamin Franklin [Source]|
2014, to date, has been relentlessly busy. It has been characterised, for the most part, by significant change and punctuated by such beautiful, exciting things that I simply haven't had any time at all to document along the way. Since my very brief Japan post back in June, which in itself was a couple of months overdue, I have been rather preoccupied with (in no particular order):
- Moving house - the third time in four years.
- Leaving one job and starting another - exhausting, but I love it.
- Attending five weddings - I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid for my closest friends at three of them, which was just wonderful.
- Helping to organise - and being present at! - three hen dos.
- Directing a musical.
- Welcoming a new niece into the world.
I am not, in any way, glorifying 'busy'. I only mean to say that my evenings and weekends have been tied up one way or another for quite some time. I felt it was really important to enjoy being present and mindful during all of these important life experiences, which didn't leave much time or energy for blogging about them! The new job, which is great, has also been full on. I start at 7:30am and have often been working late, till 9pm some nights. Needless to say, I'm glad to be writing again and I will do my best to fit it in as often as I can.