Thursday 30 October 2014

Life, lately.

Original quote: Benjamin Franklin [Source]

2014, to date, has been relentlessly busy. It has been characterised, for the most part, by significant change and punctuated by such beautiful, exciting things that I simply haven't had any time at all to document along the way. Since my very brief Japan post back in June, which in itself was a couple of months overdue, I have been rather preoccupied with (in no particular order):

  • Moving house - the third time in four years.
  • Leaving one job and starting another - exhausting, but I love it.
  • Attending five weddings - I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid for my closest friends at three of them, which was just wonderful.
  • Helping to organise - and being present at! - three hen dos.
  • Directing a musical.
  • Welcoming a new niece into the world.

I am not, in any way, glorifying 'busy'. I only mean to say that my evenings and weekends have been tied up one way or another for quite some time. I felt it was really important to enjoy being present and mindful during all of these important life experiences, which didn't leave much time or energy for blogging about them! The new job, which is great, has also been full on. I start at 7:30am and have often been working late, till 9pm some nights. Needless to say, I'm glad to be writing again and I will do my best to fit it in as often as I can.

[Source]
I have so many ideas for features I'd love to run, but I have to be realistic about the time frames in which I aim to put them together; with that in mind, I have had to extend the deadline for my Thirty Before 30 challenges to the end of 2014, to give me sufficient time to manage more of the items on the list (update to follow!). As it is, some of them are having to be postponed until next year (i.e. Vegas - we went to Mauritius instead...).

Anyway, below are just a handful of highlights from the past few months. I hope you've all been enjoying yourselves!


Alice, The Musical.

H & C's wedding.

Mauritius.

Home.

H & J's wedding.

Girly Tea Party @ The Chocolate Teapot.

30th Birthday Rainbow Cake!

Celebrating @ Tartufo.

Taking the munchkins to London Zoo.

Proud Auntie.

Murder Mystery chez nous (as per Thirty before 30).

F & D's wedding.

LFW!

Belated 30th @ The Crabtree.

My second visit to the HP Studios, this time with Daddy!

Sailing on the Solent.
A bientôt!

pp x

No comments:

Post a Comment