Saturday 17 October 2015

Café Royal

Indulging in afternoon tea is one of my absolute favourite things to do. Whether to celebrate a special occasion, to dedicate an afternoon to a long overdue catch-up with a friend or to treat someone you love just because, sitting in pleasant surroundings consuming tasty morsels for several hours is always a wonderful way to spend an afternoon, don't you think..?

[Source]



Here are a few snaps from The London Royal Tea experience at Hotel Café Royal. It certainly ticked all the boxes: beautiful setting, delicious treats and some original details that set it apart from your conventional country manor afternoon tea. I can definitely recommend it!












Beautiful, I'm sure you'll agree.

There are still lots of venues people rave about that I've yet to experience for myself, but of those I have, here are my favourite afternoon teas in London:

Prêt-à-Portea, The Berkeley - inspired by the season's latest catwalk trends; intense flavours and delightful designs.

The Ritz - the classic afternoon tea; traditional and quintessentially British.

Mad Hatter's Afternoon Tea, The Sanderson Hotel - as the title suggests, Alice in Wonderland themed; innovative flavour combinations and wonderful details in the presentation.

sketch (you can read my post on this here) - top marks for both the beauty of the setting and the quality of the food; sumptuous and quirky.

I would love to hear any recommendations you may have for my next outing, please do share them in the comments below!

pp x

No comments:

Post a Comment